To O asked:
For items 1-5, match each term with its description below. Type the letter of your answer choice in the box below each description. *You will NOT use all the terms.
Roe v. Wade
migrant farm worker
National Organization for Women (NOW)
Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
Equal Rights Amendment (ERA)
Japanese American Citizens League (JACL)
American Indian Movement (AIM)
Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
1. group that fought for Native American treaty rights and self-government
2. group that worked for compensation for Japanese Americans interned during World War II (1 point)
3. Spanish-speaking person from Latin America (1 point)
4. person who moves from farm to farm planting and harvesting crops (1 point)
5. law that would make discrimination based on a person’s sex illegal (1 point)
Choose the item that best completes the statement or answers the question.
IDENTIFYING MAIN IDEAS
6. After watching television coverage of the brutal tactics used against protesters by the Birmingham police, even opponents of the Civil Rights Movement were (1 point)
appalled by the police violence.
angry with the peaceful protesters.
supportive of the actions of the police.
uninterested in the confrontation.
7. Essayist James Baldwin wrote about the (1 point)
white viewpoint on civil rights.
benefits of a segregated society.
effectiveness of sit-ins.
violent consequences of segregation.
8. The Black Panthers wanted African Americans to
end the urban riots.
lead their own communities.
practice nonviolent protest.
join interracial groups.
9. During the 1960 presidential campaign, John F. Kennedy promised to
win the Cold War against the Soviet Union.
cut back dramatically on military spending.
get the American economy moving again.
abolish the electoral college.
10. What was the intent of the Immigration Act of 1965, which was passed during the Johnson administration?
to increase the number of immigrants from northern and western Europe
to eliminate quotas restricting immigration from certain countries
to reduce the total annual number of immigrants to the United States
to stem the flow of political refugees to the United States
- I need a brush up on US history from 1945-present for college. Any good resources that wont put me to sleep? drothwell0303 asked: Below is the class description i will be...
- world history questions anyone please help me? kooltiffrocks asked: i am almost done with my history assignment...
- good with history?please help? big guy asked: compare and contrast the cultural revolution to...
- help me with some history homework questions? _______ asked: k I’ve already completed about 26 of these,...
- American war for Independence question? carlos asked: The War for Independence established an American republic,...
Filed Under History |